On Wednesdays, we do Pray for Me... Pray for Others to help build the sense of community for our readers. This particular feature is near to the heart of my dear wife, so you can know she will be praying for you. Please check back a couple of times today as the list grows. See which entries touch your heart.
Pray for Me... Pray for Others is pretty simple:
- List a short prayer request for YOU, and a link for more detail if needed.
- Then submit a prayer request for someone else, or some other situation that you know about. Include a link for them if available. Be specific.
Be specific... provide a link for more information if available. I'm sure that other people will be VERY blessed to have you request prayer for them, and include a link to their blog so that those praying can visit them.
Questions? If you have suggestions or feedback to make this work better, don't hesitate to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pray for Abby as this week goes by. The nasty chemo she got yesterday will hit her in a few days. Historically, it puts her through another round of excruciating sores and serious complications. After 21 times in the hospital, we kinda know what to anticipate. Please pray for her comfort, speedy recover, survival, and healing.
There is rarely a day that goes by that we don't get an email from someone who is dealing with cancer. It's seems the ordeal creates a bond with others who understand. Many of those emails are from people who have no hope, no faith and no one who cares. Please pray that other Christians will be led to befriend and love lonely and hurting people who are battling cancer alone.Pray for Me... Pray for Others - Instructions:
- Use the form below to enter your prayer requests. You must enter an "identity", and put something in at least one of the "pray for me" or "pray for others" in order to be included (links to blogs are not required).
- If you link to YOUR blog, please include the following HTML in a post on your blog so that we can create a linked network of prayers (your link will allow others to find us, and be able to participate; make sure you are in HTML mode when pasting this code).
- Put out an email or post on your blog and encourage everyone you know to come and join us in prayer.
- Look over the list and pray as God leads. Come back and visit the list two or three times today as it will grow all day long.
Remember... if you don't take the time to pray for others, then on what basis can you really expect God to lead others to pray for you? I created this with "community" in mind - pray for you, pray for me, pray for others - so that we are both giving and receiving as a community which is far more spiritually productive than simply wanting everyone to pray on our behalf.
Truth is, many people do not have a community they can ask for prayer. We hope to become that community for them.
Let me know if you have suggestions or questions about Pray for Me... Pray for Others. If this is a blessing to you, please leave a comment and let us all know.