On Wednesdays, we do Pray for Me... Pray for Others to help build the sense of community for our readers. This particular feature is near to the heart of my dear wife, so you can know she will be praying for you. Please check back a couple of times today as the list grows. See which entries touch your heart.
Pray for Me... Pray for Others is pretty simple:
- List a short prayer request for YOU, and a link for more detail if needed.
- Then submit a prayer request for someone else, or some other situation that you know about. Include a link for them if available. Be specific.
Be specific... provide a link for more information if available. I'm sure that other people will be VERY blessed to have you request prayer for them, and include a link to their blog so that those praying can visit them.
Questions? If you have suggestions or feedback to make this work better, don't hesitate to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abby is still in the hospital having a very difficult time. Please pray for her comfort, and our strength. This is going to be our longest stay to date. Abby got chemo again yesterday even though it's hard to imagine getting chemo when she is already so frail. Please pray for her body to heal and her health return.Pray for these folks:
Dealing with chronic medical problems and financial stress that comes with medical expenses. Please pray for their children's health and for financial provision for medical expenses.
Amy's son Philip. Philip has had numerous brain surgeries and suffers from intense chronic pain. The brain surgery needed to relieve the pain is very dangerous. Please pray for all involved to make the best decision and for healing. They are searching for God's will. Please pray for it to be revealed to them.
- Use the form below to enter your prayer requests. You must enter an "identity", and put something in at least one of the "pray for me" or "pray for others" in order to be included (links to blogs are not required).
- If you link to YOUR blog, please include the following HTML in a post on your blog so that we can create a linked network of prayers (your link will allow others to find us, and be able to participate; make sure you are in HTML mode when pasting this code).
- Put out an email or post on your blog and encourage everyone you know to come and join us in prayer.
- Look over the list and pray as God leads. Come back and visit the list two or three times today as it will grow all day long.
Remember... if you don't take the time to pray for others, then on what basis can you really expect God to lead others to pray for you? I created this with "community" in mind - pray for you, pray for me, pray for others - so that we are both giving and receiving as a community which is far more spiritually productive than simply wanting everyone to pray on our behalf.
Truth is, many people do not have a community they can ask for prayer. We hope to become that community for them.
Let me know if you have suggestions or questions about Pray for Me... Pray for Others. If this is a blessing to you, please leave a comment and let us all know.