On Wednesdays, we do Pray for Me... Pray for Others to help build the sense of community for our readers. This particular feature is near to the heart of my dear wife, so you can know she will be praying for you. Please check back a couple of times today as the list grows. See which entries touch your heart.
Pray for Me... Pray for Others is where we all get to pray for each other. It is obvious, and we don't pretend otherwise, that we cannot give full attention to every request and comment we receive. This feature on Wednesdays is a time we ask YOU for help praying for others, as they pray for you.
Pray for Me... Pray for Others is pretty simple:
- List a short prayer request for YOU, and a link for more detail if needed.
- Then submit a prayer request for someone else, or some other situation that you know about. Include a link for them if available. Be specific.
Be specific... provide a link for more information if available. I'm sure that other people will be VERY blessed to have you request prayer for them, and include a link to their blog so that those praying can visit them.
Questions? If you have suggestions or feedback to make this work better, don't hesitate to email me: email@example.com
Abby is still in the hospital. We need her white blood cells count to recover so her body will heal. Please pray for her blood counts to improve, and for the next surgery she needs to be quick and successful. Please pray for our strength and health (Brent & Michelle) so we can care for our family. We are routinely very tired.Pray for these folks:
Please pray for the Barresi family in Oklahoma City as they grieve the sudden loss of an immediate family member.
Please pray for Joel and Dmea Green as they consider whether to accept an adoption referral.
Please pray for Evan's family. He had his HomeGoing a couple of days ago, and they will miss him. http://www.monicalynnb.blogspot.com/Pray for Me... Pray for Others - Instructions:
- Use the form below to enter your prayer requests. You must enter an "identity", and put something in at least one of the "pray for me" or "pray for others" in order to be included (links to blogs are not required).
- If you link to YOUR blog, please include the following HTML in a post on your blog so that we can create a linked network of prayers (your link will allow others to find us, and be able to participate; make sure you are in HTML mode when pasting this code).
- Put out an email or post on your blog and encourage everyone you know to come and join us in prayer.
- Look over the list and pray as God leads. Come back and visit the list two or three times today as it will grow all day long.
Remember... if you don't take the time to pray for others, then on what basis can you really expect God to lead others to pray for you? I created this with "community" in mind - pray for you, pray for me, pray for others - so that we are both giving and receiving as a community which is far more spiritually productive than simply wanting everyone to pray on our behalf.
Truth is, many people do not have a community they can ask for prayer. We hope to become that community for them.
Let me know if you have suggestions or questions about Pray for Me... Pray for Others. If this is a blessing to you, please leave a comment and let us all know.