On Wednesdays, we do Pray for Me... Pray for Others to help build the sense of community for our readers. This particular feature is near to the heart of my dear wife, so you can know she will be praying for you. Please check back a couple of times today as the list grows. See which entries touch your heart.
Pray for Me... Pray for Others is where we all get to pray for each other. It is obvious, and we don't pretend otherwise, that we cannot give full attention to every request and comment we receive. This feature on Wednesdays is a time we ask YOU for help praying for others, as they pray for you.
Pray for Me... Pray for Others is pretty simple:
- List a short prayer request for YOU, and a link for more detail if needed.
- Then submit a prayer request for someone else, or some other situation that you know about. Include a link for them if available. Be specific.
Be specific... provide a link for more information if available. I'm sure that other people will be VERY blessed to have you request prayer for them, and include a link to their blog so that those praying can visit them.
Questions? If you have suggestions or feedback to make this work better, don't hesitate to email me: email@example.com
From Brent: Please pray for Abby to continue to heal. She is at home now, but a LONG ways from being comfortable or somewhat normal. She suffers from withdrawals, pain and lingering effects of chemo.
Please pray for Michelle who is getting up every couple of hours to juggle a dozen medicines and needs for Abby.
From Michelle: We are glad to be home, but Abby is still feeling pretty sick. . Abby is not getting any chemo right now, we are just helping her body heal. She is getting two kinds of IV antibiotics. We are working with the Pain Management team to find the balance between having her too sleepy or hurting. If I have to pick, I would rather her be sleepier.
Please pray Abby continues to heal, is pain free, and that she gets her energy back. After watching Abby have a severe reaction to an antibiotic while she was in the hospital, I would appreciate your prayers that she not have any reactions to the medications at home.
I would really appreciate your prayers for myself as well. I am giving her IV medication around the clock and pain medicine many times during the day and night. Please pray for strength, energy and a clear mind. I am very tired. That I can live with. My concern is that I don't want to make any mistakes, as I am giving medicine in the middle of the night.
We truly are thankful to be home, but Abby is still very tired and wants to be held most of the day. I love holding her, but I am praying she feels better soon.
Please pray for the Barresi family in Oklahoma City as the learn to live with their loss and make decisions about the future.
Please pray for Joel and Dmea Green as they run the maze of adoption for the referral they've accepted.
Please pray for Stellan and his family.Pray for Me... Pray for Others - Instructions:
- Use the form below to enter your prayer requests. You must enter an "identity", and put something in at least one of the "pray for me" or "pray for others" in order to be included (links to blogs are not required).
- If you link to YOUR blog, please include the following HTML in a post on your blog so that we can create a linked network of prayers (your link will allow others to find us, and be able to participate; make sure you are in HTML mode when pasting this code).
- Put out an email or post on your blog and encourage everyone you know to come and join us in prayer.
- Look over the list and pray as God leads. Come back and visit the list two or three times today as it will grow all day long.
Remember... if you don't take the time to pray for others, then on what basis can you really expect God to lead others to pray for you? I created this with "community" in mind - pray for you, pray for me, pray for others - so that we are both giving and receiving as a community which is far more spiritually productive than simply wanting everyone to pray on our behalf.
Truth is, many people do not have a community they can ask for prayer. We hope to become that community for them.
Let me know if you have suggestions or questions about Pray for Me... Pray for Others. If this is a blessing to you, please leave a comment and let us all know.