First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind and generous donations to our orphan adoption effort. You invested $1500 in gifts last week after our request.
For our new readers, our goal/mission is:
If others will invest up front in the adoption expenses, we'll invest the care and parenting for the rest of their life. That's our vision. We aren't asking for donations for our own pleasure. It is our ministry to orphans.
Also for our new readers, our family mission to adopt orphans is not simply a case of wanting more children or expanding our family. We could be very happy with the seven we have. We adopt orphans as a ministry, as an outpouring of our faith. We believe God's Word to be true when it says that caring for orphan is a pure and undefiled expression of the Christian life (James 1:27). That's why we are not ashamed to ask people to join us. Your investment is every bit as important and honoring to God as our continuing investment to raise the children.
We had lots and lots of good ideas from readers.
A couple of them were repeated many times. Here's some we are going to try out in the near future:
- Someone offered to do blog makeovers and donate a portion to us.
- It was suggested we auction things. My wife and I discussed this and we have things of value in our home that we would gladly trade for the life of an orphan. So we are going to auction some items soon. Not junk, real stuff that we think people will be glad to bid on.
- "Raffles" were brought up several times but raffles are completely illegal. I think some folks have figured our legal ways to accomplish the same thing so if you know how, please let us know.
- Donations for books - I have lots of book projects lined up for the future, so I may give them away for a donation of ANY amount.
- I may auction off some of my professional skills like blog critiques, graphics or photography enhancement.
Monday I'll answer some questions that were sent in to us about the adoption fund-raising effort.
Please pray for Chrissie's family as they celebrate her graduation this week in to the arms of her loving Savior. http://allarepreciousinhissight.blogspot.com/